Friday, August 28, 2009

Melbourne, why do you tease me so?

I had a nice cheery photoshoot planned, but Melbourne decided to thwart my plans by raining on my head.
So instead of having my jewellery on the clothes line out back, I had to take my photos indoors. They didn't turn out that great, but they will work for now till the sun shines once more.




Here's what I was planning to put on the clothes line! I named it It's Laundry Day and it rather amuses me. Not that you can really tell from that shot, but it's a bracelet. (Purchase it here!)
I also have similar necklace with different shirts, but I think it's pretty much settled that I can't take any photos today! Not just because of the weather, but also due to the fact that I can't seem to hold my camera steady. And tripods are hard to handle because of the angles I tend to take my photos from.

So we'll just wait for another day. Hopefully tomorrow?

But let's talk about rain.

What do you do on a rainy day? Sit back with a cup of coffee / tea / hot chocolate and a good book? Snuggle up in your quilts and have a few snoozes? Or does the day continue as per usual and the weather generally doesn't affect your mood nor your activities?

I love to hum Raindrops keep falling on my head on rainy days. I love the rain, even if it does affect my activities. I also feel less inclined to go out. I love the rain, but I love it from inside! There's something terribly soothing about rain. I could stand at the door / window and watch it for ages. It's like Mother Nature's way of cleaning everything out, giving it a good ol' wash and after the rain, it all starts afresh.

Remember my raindrop earrings? They were my first ever wire sculptures (well I'd like to call them that, but I'm not sure if that's really the proper terminology). Once I've gathered up more materials, I'll be experiementing with creating a whole new line of wire sculpture jewellery. Again, I've not done my research: I don't know if there are other people doing this. But I'm not terribly inclined to find out. I'd like to play around with the wires and see what I can come up with, myself. Without any sort of influence, conscious or unconscious by the amazingly talented artists out there.

I started that thought with an addition to my rainclouds: a Lightning bolt.





It does look a little bit harry potter-ish doesn't it? I do think it's cute regardless, and there's the beauty of free-hand wire sculpting. No two finished items will look the same. It might look vaguely similar, but it will never be 100% the same. The picture above also shows my new packaging for the brooches that I will be selling and hopefully stocking up for the christmas markets I'll be doing at Camberwell Sunday Market in December. (You can purchase the above brooch here.)

It's all terribly exciting isn't it? So now it's your turn to tell me.
What do you do on a rainy day?


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That rain cloud is super cute :-) And the new packaging looks fabulous! Loving it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments and chat, so please do leave me some titbits! Thank you so much for adding that little bit of sparkle into my day. Hopefully my blog post added some into your day as well.

Love,
Celeste

Blog Widget by LinkWithin